“IT’S JUST LIKE WHAT I SAID, BUT BETTER,” said a friend who recently asked us to revise a sales letter she was sending to prospective clients.
“Exactly,” I said.
That’s what a professional copywriter does – she sculpts, trims and massages your message until it’s perfect. Now it’s clear and convincing.
Of course, as a small business owner, your marketing budget is limited, and you’re prepared to be a Jack or Jill of all trades to keep yourself in the black. However, you also want to boost sales, right?
Think of hiring a professional copywriter as an investment, the same kind you make when you hire a web designer to design your website or an accountant to handle your taxes. You want it done right.
Five reasons why it’s worth hiring a professional copywriter:
1. Persuasion. Copywriters knows how to appeal to readers. They can make the benefits of a situation/product/service evident so the reader sees how their life will be better if they get on board. Non-professional writers tend to forget they need to focus on you, the reader, not you, the business.
2. Ideas. Writers are an intuitive lot. They can think of unique ways for you to communicate your message as well as opportunities to engage your customer. For example, at a recent meeting with a client where we were focusing on a press release to announce a fundraising campaign, I suggested a few online contests and videos they could use to boost awareness and support.
3. Credibility. When customers see website content that’s free of spelling or grammar errors, they think, “They’re they real deal.” And they feel more secure spending money on a reputable, legitimate business they know will be around for a while.
4. Brand consistency. When great design and engaging copy all communicate the same message, readers say, “Wow!” instead of, “What?” Professional writers know how to marry your brand’s image with everything on the page – the text, the headline, your slogan, the caption and even the images.
The brilliant writer you’ve just hired is in tune with what your market wants to read about as well as the headlines that’ll attract clicks and the kind of content that’ll be shared. With a copywriter on hand, your material has legs to reach hundreds of new customers.
5. Legs. Maybe you’re thinking about outsourcing your blog. The brilliant writer you’ve just hired is in tune with what your market wants to read about as well as the headlines that’ll attract clicks and the kind of content that’ll be shared. With a writer on hand, your material has legs to reach hundreds of new customers.
Thinking about hiring a copywriter to take blogging off your plate? Read our post 5 REASONS TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER.
Natalie Appleton is a professional copywriter who specializes in blogging, website content, press releases and more for clients across North America. Contact us to learn more about how Read Head Copywriting services can help your business boost sales.